Below is our recommended profile of couple suitable for mediated divorces:
- Both Parties willing to attend all sessions and appear in court together.
- Both Parties willing to provide full, complete and substantiated financial disclosure, and each must trust in the honesty of the other’s financial disclosure, as court generated investigatory processes are bypassed.
- Pending formalization of legal agreements, each Party must voluntarily adhere to good faith agreements arrived at during mediation.
- Both Parties willing to dispense with threats of litigation to impose settlement.
- Both Parties willing to recognize blame, defensiveness and attack as an ineffective negotiating strategy that leads to more of the same.
- Often best that Parties have been separated for a period of time, enabling a “cool down” period and the beginnings of emotional healing.